Sunday, March 10, 2013

Second City Surprise

Last night I went to watch Punam at Second City and got to play the improv set after the show. Turned out stand-up Greg Fitzsimmons was playing in the UP theater last night too and came down to do the set. He was really nice and welcoming and we all had a really fun time. I always love whenever Punam invites me to do the set because a Second City audience is so different from the type of audiences I usually perform for. It's mostly people visiting from out of town, who aren't necessarily exposed to a lot of comedy, and there's a lot more of them.

It's great to play with new and different people, to mesh with different styles, and to find out what is going to make any particular audience react. And occasionally I'll get to meet and perform with someone whose well known.

In one scene I did a Jamaican accent. Always a crowd-pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment