Thursday, September 4, 2014

I-90

There's a stretch of I-90 I've worn well with rubber. From Rockford to Chicago, Chicago to Rockford, back and forth. For a while I had all the exits memorized, knew the NPR schedule by heart both WNIJ(Rockford) and WBEZ(Chicago). I've driven, motorcycled, gotten rides, and ridden the Coach USA bus.

It has been an obstacle, a bridge for contemplation, an irritant, a safety blanket, a danger, and a bore. I've seen all manners of construction, traffic, and improvements. For a time my world encompassed only two cities and a stretch of road.

With friends moving and the Chicago comedy scene in a state of flux I have cause to reflect. My world is much larger now with innumerable possibilities. There are countless roads stretching out to the horizon. Each with opportunity and mystery and promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment