Monday, February 2, 2015

2015 Goals

Apply to MFA programs in acting and poetry. I've thought about going back to school for a while. Now with my interest, and I think my ability, significantly sharpened I'd like to take the next step. Over the past couple months a lot of my peers have moved on and it made me want to make a big change. I have the discipline and the desire now to take full advantage of some advanced schooling, a mindset and a position I certainly wasn't in during undergrad.

Put up another play. We're about half way through Contention and it's been a very gratifying experience. Makes me definitely want to do it again at some point this year. I got two ideas for shows rolling around, one about Terry Gross which is kind of flushed out, and the other involving the Tarot which is just the beginning of an idea.

Put out Hindsight Hour. My experimental improv podcast has been gestating for a while. At this point it's all recorded and Tim and I have listened to all the material and mapped it out, we just have to get to the actual editing. I imagine it'll go relatively quickly but because of the holidays and busy schedules we haven't been able to get started quite yet.

Go on at least two vacations. I love to travel, I love to visit my friends out of state, I love to be in nature, but there is always so much going on in Chicago it's hard to carve out some time(and money) to get away. This year I want to go on two vacations which are independent of any specific obligation. Right now I'm planning to visit the Beanpole in Denver end of May/early June. I'd also like to go to LA, Richmond, and take a motorcycle trip The Badlands.

Submit poetry to at least ten publications. My passion for poetry has grown over the past two years. I've written a lot more and done readings and it feels like progress. I'd like to get my stuff out there on a broader scale, maybe to get published, maybe to win a competition, but more importantly to get into the habit of submitting. To get a better idea of what people outside of my little community think of my writing, how it stacks up.

Make a video. I've had an idea for a while for a faux instructional short inspired by Tisher but haven't found the time or discipline to write it. I've also got some great feedback from some people suggesting Contention, with some substantial cuts, might be a good short film. I'd like to realize one of the two at some point this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment