Sunday, February 15, 2015

VDay

Yesterday was Valentine's day. I think holidays, especially Vday, can lead to disappointment if you get caught up in all the external and internal expectations. I think the key is to spend time with people you love, try to do a little something special for one or more of those people, and then treat yourself to something.

Nicole and I went out to brunch with Marta and Nick at Big Jones, this delicious southern place, Marta's pick. It was great to spend a little extra time with my sis and her husband before they jetted off back to Madison.

Afterwards Nicole went to work and I went to the movies with Phil. Before it started he told me he was moving to NYC. It was kind of a blow. Phil and I only recently became friends, only collaborated on one project, it feels premature.

On the bus back home we passed the Landmark and I hopped out and watched the Oscar nominated live action shorts. Way better than last year. The best was Aya.

I got back home with enough time to have dinner ready for Nicole. We exchanged gifts(I got her a pair of earrings and some chocolates, she got me a Herzog box set and a free haircut) then we ate and watched The Wire. All in all a truly wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment