Friday, February 20, 2015

New Job

Nicole just finished her first week at her new job. This picture is from her first day, Jen was training her, she is very happy.

Previously she was working as a manager at a cafe which was making her kind of miserable. The hours, the pay, the customers. It was all very draining and unsatisfying. The situation put a bit of a strain on our relationship. Nicole would never bring any negativity home but the schedule and the stress wore her down which in turn kind of wore me down.

I've discovered over the course of the past year and a half relationships are much more collaborative than I use to think. This idea shouldn't be surprising but I never really realized what a relationship could or should be before I met Nicole. A relationship is a partnership. You are not only two separate individuals you also have this thing you've built together, this connection, that needs to be nurtured and grown. Burdens, stresses, and worries are shared the same as excitements, triumphs, and happiness. When things are working, when you're communicating and maintaining some balance, this kind of transference happens organically. You have a collective pool of strength and endurance to draw from in a relationship, I've been happy to be there and support Nicole through this somewhat trying time because she does the same for me in countless other ways.

I'm proud of her for sticking through her bummer of a working situation and very excited and grateful for her new opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment