Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Appreciation

Six shows down, six to go for Contention(we got extended through 3/20!). A lot of friends have come out the past couple weeks which has been truly wonderful. It is very gratifying to work hard on something and have friends, acquaintances, and loved ones come out and respond to it. This sentiment may be kind of obvious but most of the people I know in Chicago are all performers of one kind or another, all busy with their own projects, all inundated with invites and obligations. It's validating when those people make the time to come to the show and are affected by it. Jeff, Jeannie, and Craig from Schwa came out this past Friday, it means a lot.

As we've moved through the process Phil, Sarah, and I have gotten closer, within the context of the show and without. We get along and work really well together. It makes me so thankful that when I asked them to put the show together with me they said yes. This unique thing we created together has totally exceeded my expectations. I'm really proud of it and am sitting in a lot of gratitude about the whole experience. Fridays at 8pm, Annoyance Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment