Thursday, February 19, 2015

Purpose

I like to think everyone has a purpose.
Some small, some big.
Some broad, some narrow.
Some event that we are building toward or destined for.
Some calling, some gift, fated to be utilized.
Inherent potential in every spirit.

It may be a fleeting moment with unseen far-reaching repercussions.
Or a noble life of quiet service.
A talent cultivated and presented.
A skill practiced with perfection.
Kindness unrestricted.
Or friendship freely given.

Although it may be hidden it brings me comfort.
To think of purpose, place, and potential.
Something meant to be.

When I imagine what lies beyond I don't think of a cosmic bearded man.
The chains of his Divine Plan.
I imagine those Fated Sisters spinning.
Weaving, measuring, then clipping.
In each thread a purpose.
A secret burning ember.

No comments:

Post a Comment