Monday, October 8, 2012

A Disturbing Dream 2

It's night. I'm outside a large run-down town house with a porch and one large bay window looking into the living room. I think I'm a private eye or detective of some kind. I'm wearing a trench coat. I'm there to get someone out of the house. I feel a sense of urgency and caution. Inside I can see a group of people sitting in the living room in candle light. I walk up to the front door, put out my cigarette, and open the door quickly. In the room there are 8 people of various ages and appearances, aggressive not surprised. One of the eight is my friend Meaghan who I perform with. I feel a brothers protective urge to save her.

Me: Meaghan It's time to go.
Woman: She's not going anywhere. She's home.
Meaghan: Steve what are you doing here?
Me: I'm getting you out. This place isn't safe. What are you doing here?
Meaghan: Nothing, this isn't your problem.
Me: What is it you actually do here?
Woman: That's none of your concern.
Me: I won't make it my concern, Meaghan and I will be leaving. No fuss no muss.
(at this point I'm convinced that I'm in a meth house and everyone there is on meth and furthermore Meaghan  is now a meth addict and I won't leave without her in tow)
Man: Meaghan is where she wants to be. It's time for you to go. (he gets up and walks towards me with arms towards me, throughout the conversation the rest of the group looks at me vacantly)
Me: (slaps his hands away, suspicious) I don't want any trouble. I want to know what's going on in this house.
Woman: (rises, comes towards me) What's going on in this house has been going on for a long time-
Me: Meaghan get your stuff-
Woman: It has nothing to do with you (the room starts to darken and the candles start going out, I can't look away from the woman's eyes) It's time for you...to...go.
(as she's speaking I go light headed fall to the ground and feel my consciousness start to fade)
Me: (chuckles weakly) I guess it's not meth then.
Woman: Meth? Like the drug? No we serve a darker force here. Now...good bye.
(I feel pain but from far away)
Meaghan: Stop.
(Something snaps in my head and I start making things move and burst. Slow at first then faster. Screws and nails start to come out of the floorboards and walls. Furniture is overturned, lamps break, windows shatter, people start running. I take one big breath, gathering all my strength to turn the house into one big crater then-)

I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment