Monday, October 22, 2012

A Disturbing Dream 3

I'm drunk. I'm in my childhood house alone. It's night. I'm not blacked out yet but I'm not in control. I'm getting flashes of what's happening. I see a car go off the road and crawl to a stop on the side of my house. I walk outside, open the car door, and shoot the man behind the wheel with a revolver. I drag him out and hide him under the rose bush which is in full bloom. The car disappears and I go to sleep. I wake up the next morning to the sound of the door bell. I open the door and it's a cop.

Me: Hello officer.
Cop: Hello sir, is this your home?
Me: It's my parents, they're out of town.
Cop: Hear anything last night?
Me: Nope.
Cop: A man disappeared in this neighborhood last night.
Me: Who?
Cop: You didn't see or hear anything last night?
Me: Nope.
Cop: I'll be checking in with you later.

Paranoia surges through me. He knows. I start to panic. I turn around and I'm in a office building with metal walls with three friends. I'm doing some sort of test. I have a slice of moldy bread in my hands and I'm staring at it and concentrating. As I concentrate it starts to float and gradually the mold starts to recede, the bread starts to lighten, and it softens. "You did it!" they all say "It worked!"

I start to run out of the facility. It is full of halls and rooms and stairways all with metal siding and metal ceilings and metal floors. As I run a sense of urgency fills me. I have to get back home to bring that guy back to life. Before it is too late. I start to sweat. I see a green exit sign ahead.

I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment