Thursday, October 4, 2012

Time

From A Friend

It's like time is a bandit, and it ransacked my house and stuffed all my happiness in one of those bags with a dollar sign on it, only I guess it would be that yellow smiley face instead of a dollar sign, and it's running. Time is. Time is running with my happiness in a bag, it's running away from me. And it tosses out bits of memories at me, so I have to deal with knowing that I didn't appreciate the good things I had when I had them. Music is in cahoots with time, I'm convinced. It serves as a scrapbook. Heaping regret and nostalgia and longing on you. Sometimes when a song is perfect to underscore a moment you have to ask yourself, “do I really want to ruin this song for fucking ever?” And Facebook. Come on. Timeline happened so that people could more easily see how much greater two years ago was. Mark Zuckerberg isn't a genius, he's a sadist. He ruined the world. Does he get that? He ruined the world. Sure I've reconnected with hundreds of friends from my past, but at what cost. At what cost.

Time doesn't seem like a thing until you catch up to it a bit and see how much it's been passing you by.

My vagina doesn't look like it used to. My boobs are different. My hair is turning gray. Sometimes my fucking knee hurts. My knee. It just fucking hurts for no goddamn reason.

And 5 years from now, I'm going to be nostalgic for my now-vagina and my now-boobs, and my now-hair. And my knee will hurt worse.

The times I smell the best or feel the softest or sing the prettiest... are when I'm alone and it's like... come the fuck on. Really?

All time has taught me is that my heart is an idiot, we should be better to our good moments, and my period makes me insane(though time being the brain rapist that it is, I'll probably even miss that when it's gone).

No comments:

Post a Comment