Monday, October 1, 2012

Goodbye Kate

Kate's last Deep Schwa show was last night. I didn't know her until last year when I started seeing her around a lot. We became fast friends which I think Kate does effortlessly with everyone she meets. She's probably the nicest most open person I have ever met. And one of the most talented too. When I started performing with Schwa she and I just clicked. It's only happened to me a couple times, where you find a person who can read your mind, understand your initiation or idea even if it's muddled. Every scene I did with Kate I loved. Each scene was fun and effortless. I always looked forward to Schwa shows and no little reason was because of Kate's excitement. She always came in positive and totally juiced to perform. That kind of energy is contagious.

Kate and I did a lot of scenes as two women(you can find one here). Those were always the funnest. We also did scenes as two guys or where we would switch genders. She was always game to mix it up. My favorite scene with Kate was probably in our rehearsal with Liz Allen. Kate was a male chef and I was her neglected wife. I think my opening line was something like "You always spend so much time in the kitchen!"

I'll miss playing with Kate, her smile, her infectious fun, and most of all her kind heart.

From the show last night:


LA is in for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment