Sunday, October 28, 2012

Be Present

Until recently I would only see my sister a couple times a year. I would see her on holidays and occasionally she would come to visit me but I would make virtually no effort to visit her. I regret this, I always had excuses, I was always very busy, but I never made time, I never showed up.

I feel like I was given another chance. I was given a clear head and an open heart. I was given tools and opportunities to maintain that. And with clarity and peace I have a marvelous opportunity. To be present and pleasant for the ones I love.

I went back to Rockford yesterday to spend time with my sister and dad. I've seen my sister more in the past three months than in the past year. We had a great time. We went out to eat and just sat around and watched TV and chatted. It feels great to be in a place where I can do that. I have the time to see my family but more importantly when I do I can be there with them.

Sometimes all you need to do is show up. It makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment