Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birthday Lunch

Ryan turned 33 today and we went to the place we always go to Oasis Cafe. Their chicken shawarma is amazing. Ryan and Laura went there with me on my birthday last year so I felt like there was a nice symmetry to it. Ryan has been such a great and supportive friend to me it was nice to spend a little time with him on his special day. I work only a couple blocks away from his office so I hope this will be the first of many many lunches.

Me: The biggest thing for me is getting use to getting up at 7. It's the worst.
Ryan: Oh yeah. I use to get up only like 30 minutes before I leave.
Me: (calculating) I get up...I...that's what I'm doing now basically. Get up at 7 out the door at 7:40. And I'm getting to bed late, I feel like a zombie the first hour or so.
Ryan: I have to get up at like 615.
Me: Ick.
Ryan: But it wouldn't be so bad if I woke up to an alarm, most of the time Riley comes in before it goes off. She came into our bedroom at 5:50 the other day. It's not that much time but it feels enormous.
Me: What does she say, when she wakes you up?
Ryan: It's not dark anymore!

1 comment: