Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Winds Of Change

I woke up today and had a job. It's a weird feeling considering I've been unemployed for the past eight months. It's a great relief. And for the first and probably the only time in my life an office job seems like a new adventure. Unknown and exciting.

Since the last time I was in an office and had a job my life has been transformed. My perceptions, mood, and the way I communicate have changed and continue to evolve. I don't think I will be any more interested in relatively tedious office work but I will look on it with fresh eyes. I don't anticipate being phased by things as much, I don't anticipate getting caught up in the minutia of things, I feel I've cultivated an increasing ability to let things that don't matter slide. Like rain off a slicker.

I'm excited to make some money. I'm excited to get my days going earlier and to do more in them. I'm excited to be part of the grind again and to put myself to the test.

I'm not exited to work in customer service for a highly specialized insurance firm but I am excited to return to the shifting-churning-pulsing human machine that makes Chicago purr. For the first time I'm in a place where I can look on the opportunity with cheerful anticipation rather than cynicism and dread.

The only constant in life is change. More often than not for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment