Thursday, April 11, 2013

Graffiti 96

Kill Transit Not People. I'm assuming that this is some commentary on pollution. I think it'd be more effective if there was a bike or car pictured. The breathing mask looks more like Bane's mask in Dark Night Rises more than anything else. If it's suppose to be a riff on the instructional pamphlets in airplanes I don't think it's a success. But I guess I agree. Drive less, bike more, take public transit more.

But I think there is something sinister about this. I don't know why exactly but "killing transit" seems to intend to solicit some kind of violent action. Like blow up buses and trains just make sure there's no people on them. Like it's instructions for terrorists. The breathing mask looks like it could be for poison gas.

Maybe it's a subliminal message. A secret code. A call to action to some unknown party.

No comments:

Post a Comment