Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rick Tonight!

Rick took the stage for the last time tonight after performing for two and a half years. We had a great run with many memorable shows. Recently we'd been having some numbers problems. People advancing in their careers, people having kids, and people getting married. It felt like the team had run its course, the majority of the team was moving onward in their personal and professional lives. It was a good time to end, closing the chapter on Rick with a great track record.

I love all the members of Rick, past and present. I learned so much from everyone, I was supported by everyone, I was elevated and propelled by everyone. I took more risks, played more characters, played faster and with more abandon because of Rick. There are so many great shows and great moments that I will remember forever. Moments that a unique group of incredibly talented people cultivated in a spontaneous flash of inspiration. I've documented many of them in this blog which you can browse by clicking the tag Rick at the bottom of this post.

I became a better performer because of the time I spent with the members of Rick on stage.

I became a better person because of the friendship and support I received from the members of Rick off stage.

I love you Rick. I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment