Sunday, April 21, 2013

Street Talk 13

(outside 7 Eleven finishing a cigarette)

Guy: Hey! Hey! Big man!
Me: Hey.
Guy: Hey, hey, can you get me a beer man.
Me: No.
Guy: Man, man! I just got thrown out for no reason! I got money just get me a beer.
Me: I'm not going to buy beer.
Guy: OK. Can I get a cigarette?
Me: Sure.
(I give him a cigarette, we smoke together)
Guy: They just through me out man. I was just showing I wasn't racist. Went into the bathroom at this place over there and when I came out this white guy put me in a headlock. And we was about to go. And then bunch of people broke us up. And I knew, it wasn't worth it, I don't hate white people. And I could have took him down.
Me: I'm sure.
Guy: Black people hit hard man. White people hit hard too but black people we got that force. You know, all that force of all that. You know what I mean?
Me: I do.
Guy: Why can't we get along? I don't want to hate white people but this guy just put me in a headlock for no reason. What is that? It should just be the smallest thing now. It should be gone. Why it still here?
Me: I don't know man.
Guy: People got to let out that hate. Let it out. It's poison.
Me: Yeah. We're all still fighting it.
Guy: I walked away. It wasn't worth it. But I told him. I told him. "I'll get you when you're alone." That's when I get 'em. It's his fault: right or wrong?
Me: Right. He put hands on you first, that's not right.
Guy: Why can't we just see each other as people. And give when people need it. Why it have to be all this...all this...(deep sigh)...you know. You an all right white guy.
Me: Thanks man. (pause, I finish my cigarette) I gotta get going man, it was nice talking to you.
Guy: Have a good night big man.
Me: You too.
Guy: (grins) I'll be watchin'.
Me: I'll be watching you man.
Guy: (cackles)

1 comment: