Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Album Returns


The Album has our first show since October coming up a week from Saturday at the Kzoo improv festival. The Album was my first team made up of my best friends. We've drifted apart in recent months but hopefully the show will bring us back together. I'm very excited to take the stage with my friends again to see how they've changed and what results. The last show we had in Kzoo was one of our best. Our opening is a series of personal monologues. I'm looking forward to what they'll be. Some old monologues maybe which would be great to hear again and maybe some new ones, new discoveries.

Your first team will always have a special place in your heart. Maybe the most special place. The Album was there for me when I was living in Rockford and my life was on hold. The Album was there for me whenever I needed a place to stay or a friend to hang out with. The Album was there for me when I needed help with my sobriety. The Album made me into the performer that I am today. Any modicum of success or opportunity I have I owe to Eli, Alex, Megan, Matt, Travis, Amrita, Will, Jillian, BK, and Vince. And of course Craig.

The clip is from our DeMaat run in the summer of 2010. It's one of my favorite improv moments. It's not super funny, I know. But it is honest and simple and discoveries were made while were doing it.

We also picked up a show 5/15 at the CIC at 8. Love to see you there.

Album Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment