Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Games


Jillian shared this with The Album two years ago. I think it is the most amazing, funniest, inspiring thing. We worked on games this week with my team and I sent this out to them as an example of like the most ideal game. Like the Platonic ideal of a game.

Improv is simple. You establish what the game or the scene is in the first 30 seconds. The problems come in when people try to over complicate stuff or build when they just need to follow.

For me, this is an example of the most perfect sketch. Simple. Fun. Inspired. I strive to do stuff like this every moment I perform. Sometimes I get close and it makes me happy. The other week The Night Shift had a show and Jeremy, Carrie and I did a silent globetrotters scene. We just mimed crazy basketball bits, it went on for a minute with Noah and Damian whistling the globetrotters theme, and then Damian edited. The audience lost their minds.

Everything is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment