Friday, April 13, 2012

Terrific Six

(before the show yesterday)
Matt: Well we need to talk about what we're going to wear.
Me: I got my black cowboy shirt of course and I got this white cotton shirt with this green vintage tie. Those are my options.
Matt: Lets see the shirt and tie.
Me: (displays)
Matt: We had talked about suits.
Me: Yeah man I'm in if you're in. I just don't have a white shirt to wear.
Matt: Alright(exits for a couple minutes) here we go(has white shirt and suit in hand). This suit hasn't been worn since the last time you wore it for my wedding.
Me: Really? Super cool(takes suit, starts to exit, sees Matt taking tag off blue shirt). You're not wearing a blue shirt?
Matt: Yeah, why?
Me: Why aren't you wearing a white shirt?
Matt: I didn't think we'd be matching. I was going to wear a blue shirt and brown shoes.
Me: Naw dude. We match or I don't want to wear a suit. You can wear a suit if you want to wear a suit but if we're not matching I'm wearing my cowboy shirt.
Matt: Ok. (pause, hesitant) I just don't want to wear white.
Me: Ok. Do you have a blue shirt that'll fit me?
Matt: Yes. (exits)
Me: (loudly) I don't understand. Why don't you want to wear white?
Matt: (sticks head out of door) Ah. It just. Seems to 'Resivour Dogs' you know?
Me: (laughs) Ok you weirdo.

Matt and I had a great set. I was really nervous before it. I was billed and introduced as 'from Chicago'. For whatever reason I felt some pressure from that. I felt like there was probably a certain amount of expectation from some of the audience and definitely from the Richmond improvisers. Most importantly I didn't want to let Matt down. Which I'm sure I could never do but still that was my biggest concern. Of course I didn't need to worry about any of that. We took the stage and everything clicked like it use to on The Album. We were mirroring, predicting each others moves, and having a ton of fun from the first scene. The suggestion was 'dinosaur'. Our first scene was a T-Rex wife trying to convince her T-Rex husband to try fruit. We played fast and fun and did some goofy voices.

Matt and I talked afterwards. We both wish we had an opportunity to do that show consistently. To see where it could go.

I'm so grateful and happy that we got to do it. It has been something Matt and I have been talking about for years now.

Can't wait till we get to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment