Monday, April 2, 2012

Deep Schwa


A dream came true for me yesterday. I played with Deep Schwa. I've been watching them almost every Sunday for four years. They're my favorite team.

Craig told me a while back that I'd be playing with them sometime soon. Last week he told me to wear show cloths this week. I didn't really process it at the time. But at iO that's all I ever wanted to do. I wanted to be on Schwa. They're the best team. They anchor the Sunday night slot and always crush. And I did it. I played with Schwa.

The show was crazy fun. Kate, Timmy, and Craig were firing on all cylinders and I just tried to pepper in where I could. I did try to wail on Timmy as much as possible. I called him out for looking like Bugs Bunny which made him break super hard. It was comfortable and effortless and joyful. I guess it wasn't the greatest show. Nothing huge or poignant was discovered but we had fun. We were four girls in a car going to an Indian burial ground. Candice, Courtney, Trisha, and Sarah.

I felt like a minor league player being pulled up to the majors. I felt like I got the tap on my shoulder that means you're in the club. Literally a dream come true. And the reality was even better than I had imagined. Having Craig sit behind me and grab me and look at me expectantly, and surprise him from time to time. It was the most gratifying-beautiful feeling. I got pulled up and I could play ball.

Come see Deep Schwa every Sunday at iO at 8pm. I will be there.

1 comment:

  1. Two things about this make me happy. 1. You achieved what was once an unattainable goal. 2. You compared it to sports!
    You're great, Steve, and I'm proud of you! =)

    ReplyDelete