Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Richmond Bound

My Richmond vacation is finally here. I leave tomorrow. I'm very excited. The first time I visited Matt was in '09. I rode my motorcycle out there, did a show, and some site seeing. It was an amazing experience. The journey out there, the visit, and the journey back.

The second time I went to Richmond was for Matt's wedding in 2010. The experience and the wedding itself were perfect. No show that visit but lots of good times.

Tomorrow Matt and I will finally get an opportunity to do our long awaited two man show. We're billing ourselves as 'Terrific Six' the first name of The Album. We did our first three shows as the Terrific Six(there were seven members) back in '08, it was our interim name. It was the name we used for my first improv show ever. I've only been able to play with Matt a couple times since he's moved but whenever I do it's great. I can't wait to take the stage with him. Just him and I. He told me tonight I would also get to sit in with the Richmond Comedy Coalition ensemble closing the night. They're doing a 'Bat' which is a improv show in the dark. I haven't done one in ages so I'm kind of nervous.

It'll be great to see Matt, perform with him, and see the people I know through him(Matt's wife Katie especially). It'll be great to get out of the city. It'll be great to relax. It'll be great to watch improv with my favorite guy to watch improv with. It'll be great to see 'Lockout'. It'll be great to walk in the woods.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment