Thursday, April 19, 2012

Panang Curry: Rice Bistro

While I was visiting Matt I discovered he had started a blog, the long ago idea for which inspired my reviewing Panang Currys, reviewing BLT's in Richmond. You can find it here: Matt's BLT Blog. It inspired me to dive back into my quest for the best Panang Curry in Chicago.

Punam and I went to Rice Bistro up the street from where I live. It's a place we had been meaning to go to for a while and finally made it to. The Panang was a pleasant surprise after the streak of bad ones I've been on. The curry itself was the perfect blend of spice and peanut flavor, a little thin for my taste but forgivable. The peppers and basil were fresh and texturally a nice contrast to the chicken and rice. The chicken was plentiful and well cooked but could have used a little more flavor. Overall it was good not great. It didn't blow me away but it was certainly satisfying. Would I go again?

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment