Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Disturbing Dream 12

I'm in a secret room. It's in Chloe's new apartment but it's not her apartment. The room is boxy, yellow, and empty. She's sewing my eyes open. Next she is sewing my joints and limbs to little nooks and pulleys in the walls. From some unseen place she operates a machine that makes me dance like a puppet. There's a trap door in the floor. I know, even though I don't know how I know, that some time soon I will be lowered into the room below and be made to dance, recite, or perform in some way.

My appendages are pulled about, I climb the walls, flip, flop, somersault, and jive. A doorbell rings and everything stops. The strings fall off and I exit out to the sidewalk. Chloe calls after me "Come back! I'm having people over!"

I call over my shoulder "Not today."

God's Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment