Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rituals

All the performers I've met have pre-show rituals. Some people take a pre-show poop. James eats two bananas before a show. This guy Colin who was on my first team would get really intense and shadowbox and do hard rock air guitar. Everyone has their thing. More often than not now I try to get to the theater half an hour early, sit some where quiet and read or listen to music, just try to get myself centered, and I always have a Redbull. I like to get to whatever theater I perform at before anyone else does, I don't know why, I just like being the first performer their, watch the performers arrive and the room fill up. I think it just adds to the magic of it for me. This empty space devoid of energy holds endless possibility and you just watch it happen.

The show I've been doing on Sundays after Schwa picked a name: Two Scotts, Two Nelsons, and a Uhlir is now Prime. For a long while now Craig has sworn by Gatorade Prime. Craig and Jim used to take it before their shows and now we take it before our shows. It's a "gel blend of carbs and vitamin B that delivers energy when you need it most" it's suppose to give you energy fifteen minutes after you take it. I don't know if it works but it sure feels like it works. We joke that it feels like one of the Looney Toons whose shoes turn in to rockets.

Prime shows feel like they've been getting better and better especially since we played with Lutz. I always sweat, we always have fun, and we always make each other break.

You could make the case we owe it all to the prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment