Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Moment of Grace 2

This morning I was feeling a little grumpy. I didn't get enough sleep, I woke up late, I didn't have time to enjoy my morning coffee and cigarette, the weekend seemed far away.

Standing on the train platform I was dreading the day ahead of talking to obtuse and/or agitated psychologists and scrounging the internet for entertaining things to read.

The sun came out from behind a cloud and warmth crept up my face. I looked up and on a roof top a block away I saw women dancing. Practicing some swooping joyful piece dressed in lively pinks and oranges. They were too far away to hear the music that accompanied them, if in fact there was any. Their movements were underscored by the rumble of trains, the mummer of my fellow commuters, and the ambient sounds of the city. It seemed so fitting, so right, so perfect.

I watched enthralled until the train arrived and whisked me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment