Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Small Victory

I think my basil plant is drowning. I've moved it inside so I can regulate the water intake better. All the rest of my plants seem to be flourishing. I woke up the other day to find my first flower. I didn't notice a bud or even the hint of a bud in the days leading up to it so it was quite a surprise. It feels good to have plants and watch them grow. I sit on the porch and visit with them quite a bit although I haven't started talking to them yet. I'm sure that'll come soon. It's suppose to help them grow, maybe I'll even sing to them.

"The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." -Leo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment