Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Graffiti 64

I think this is a dog looking at a cell phone. Man's best friend vs. man's most co-dependent object. Which means more? I think this is someones signature. I saw another piece of graffiti with this image in the lower right hand corner.

I don't know what the image is suppose to convey. Curiosity certainly. The dog is curious. As much as I feel ambivalent and slightly negative towards pets, given a choice, if I had to give up cell phones or dogs, I'd choose cell phones in a heartbeat. Although I don't give either much credence.

"To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs." -Aldous Huxley

"You have to take into account it was the cell phone that became what the modern-day concept of a phone call is, and this is a devise that's attached to your hip 24/7. Before that there was 'leave a message' and before that there was 'hopefully you're home'." -Giovanni Ribisi

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." -Ann Landers

"Cell phone dependency is now called compulsive communication. More and more people can feel their cell phones vibrating- even when their mobile devices are not around. This 'fauxcellarm' phenomenon is also called 'ringxiety'." -AP

Cell phones haunt. Turn them off.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a dog looking at an iPod, similar to the RCA dog staring at a gramophone. "His master's voice."

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ur take on the phone
    art is only half the artist's, the other half is all urs
    best
    BluDog10003.com

    ReplyDelete