Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hello 28

Yesterday was a great birthday. I spent the morning with Punam before I went to see my therapist. I had a great appointment then had lunch with Ryan and Laura. Laura made a special trip up to meet us which was super fun and which I very much appreciated. We went to Ryan and I's special place 'Oasis Cafe' which is in the back of a jewelry store. Laura brought some dove chocolates for us which was the perfect end to a great lunch.

I got back home, did some packing, and handled some stressful albeit interesting improv stuff. Punam came over in the afternoon and I forced her to go see 'Rock of Ages' which was really fun. Stupid but fun(review to come). Punam had the SNL audition yesterday which I would have gone to but low-and-behold she had set up a pick up show for me with some of my best friends.

Vince, Drennen, James, Timmy and I did a short set at the Playground to celebrate my bday. At the end of the show everyone sang happy birthday to me. It was wonderful. The set was fun not great, but just being there with my friends and performing with them was the best birthday present I've ever received. After, we went to Pick Me Up to have dinner where Joey and Punam joined us. Punam had a great audition. Overall it was one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

You don't need a party to have a great birthday, even though sometimes you might feel that way. It's the small things, the people you're with, the things you do, the gifts you may receive, which make a great birthday. To quote Katie fictitiously quoting me:

"Birthdays? They're not that special. Everyone has a fucking birthday."

No comments:

Post a Comment