Saturday, July 6, 2013

Carrot Gypsy

After going back and forth by email today, my phone has sustained water damage and Jillian forgot her phone at home, I met Jillian for lunch. It was the first time I saw her since she moved back to Chicago.

Me: So, tell me everything. How are you? What's been going on? How was the move? How was home? Where are you living?
Jillian: Oh, you want to just jump right into it?
Me: Well, yeah. Unless you'd rather talk about the weather for a while.

So we caught up and it was great. Jillian is one of those friends I feel instantly comfortable around and we freely spill our guts with no reservations.

Jillian: I had to borrow the waitresses phone to let you know I was here. I think she was scared at first but were friends now.
Me: If anyone can instantly befirend the waitstaff here it's you.
Waitress: Are you guys all set?
Jillian: (pointing at tatto) Is that your cat?
Waitress: Yeah that's my little Barry.
Jillian: He's wonderful.
Waitress: Do you want to see a picture?
Me: Um, yes please.
Waitress: Ok I'll grab my phone. I shouldn't. But hell you're already intimate with my phone anyway.

It was the first and possibly the only time where I enjoyed looking at pictures of someones cat.

(as we were leaving)
Waitress: I'm Cori by the way.
Jillian: Jillian.
Cori: Good to meet you.
Me: I'm Steve.
Cori: Good to officially meet you.
Me: And you as well.
(outside)
Jillian: (sighs) Cori...what an unfortunate name.

As we were walking down Clark we found a sack of carrots sitting on the sidewalk.
A perfect end to a perfect afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment