Sunday, July 14, 2013

Jimmy Penn

Almost every Sunday for the past year I've met Jimmy for coffee, cigarettes, and conversation. We met when we were put on a team together, 1941 at CIC, almost three years ago. After that we become fast friends and have grown a lot closer in the past year. We talk a lot about personal ups and downs, call each other out on our bullshit, and talk a lot of shop. He's been a great barometer for me and has turned me around on some of my more judgemental habits.

Me:  It sure is hot out here. Nice tank top!
Jimmy: Come on man! I'm self conscious enough as it is.
Me: No. It looks good, you look good man. Tough. Super tough.
Jimmy: Stop. It's hot out! You got me all in my head about it.
Me: In all honesty you look good.
Jimmy: It's too late dude. You ruined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment