Saturday, July 20, 2013

MadTown

I went back to Rockford for the weekend and Today my dad and I trotted up to Madison to spend some time with my sister Marta and her boyfriend Nick. We had some breakfast("Tell Marta we got to go to the place with the breakfast nachos" - my dad) and walked around downtown: I looked for books, my dad scratched his ever present itch for bargain college clothing, and Marta and Nick chaperoned.
We ended up at the lake front relaxing and sharing popcorn. This lady was reading the New Yorker in the shade with her sunhat. Chill to the max.
I've been trying to take more pictures recently. Become a little more natural at whipping out the camera when there's stuff I want to take pictures of or seeing the opportunities when they arise. I call this one "Pontoon Envy".
Across the way from Marta's apartment there's an office building. I don't know what the person is shaming but they seem pretty vehement about it.

It was a great visit. I'm not really one to keep in touch by email or phone so it's great to get a chance to spend some quality time with my sister who I love very much. I need to share the same space as people, digital communication has so little depth. She helped me through some hard times which has brought us closer- I know that even if we don't talk that often she'll always be there and she will always love me and she will always listen. I hope she knows the same is true of me for her. I only have one sister and we're in this thing together. And for me that's an extremely comforting thought.

                                        Bird on a Wire by Johnny Cash on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment