Monday, August 13, 2012

Company

I went out for coffee with Jen at this place right across the street from my house Baker and Nosh. It was real good. They make their own bread, they have exotic cheeses, tasty pastries, and some delicious looking sandwiches. I just got a coffee and a muffin and Jen got the soup which she reported was very good. Their homemade bread is super cheap, I can't wait to go back and get some.

We caught up and talked some shop. She's writing something like 5 one-woman shows currently. Jen's got quite the work ethic. Over the weekend I didn't really see any friends. I got out of the house, saw some movies, but I didn't really socialize. It's something I need to keep in mind. I'm a loner, I like my alone time, but if you spend too much time by yourself your mind can become an uncomfortable place. You can get stuck in it. So I'm trying to see a friend everyday. I want to take the free time that I currently have and see as many friends as I can. Hear how their doing, tell them how I'm doing. Connect.

Jen and I talked for a good two hours and I couldn't have been happier. On a rainy day there's nothing better than sitting down with a friend and a warm beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment