Thursday, August 23, 2012

Great News!

 Two Guys Yelling present A Year Of Saturdays got a run! Ted and I's sketch show which we conceived in January and wrote April through June got a slot at iO. Jamison will direct! We don't have a lot of prep time because our opening is September 6th but I'm so excited! It feels so good to have a passion project come fruition. I get to work with two guys I love and respect and who have similar ideas about comedy as me. We get to do what we want how we want to do it.

After Ted and I's HouseCo experience we really wanted to work together on something that was entirely ours without any restrictions from an institution. And iO has given us that opportunity, just another reason why I love iO. I think some people get jaded about the place but it has been nothing but nurturing and open for me.

Punam and I saw the Second City Mainstage this week and it was underwhelming. But it also got me really juiced up about this show. Seeing a show that is ok but which panders for laughs at points makes it clear to me what I want to do, what message I want to send, what I want to do differently.

Our goal is to put up something unique. Come see if we succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment