Friday, August 17, 2012

Graffiti 70

I don't know if graffiti artists need speed as much as they need stealth. To me it's all about subtlety of movement and the time and place in which you put up stuff or paint. I don't think a real graffiti artist really gets in the habit of doing graffiti in a place that would necessitate running away from it or at least picking locations which would each necessitate flight. I appreciate stealth, economy of movement, having your tag or your sticker or your picture up and finished before anyone on the street really knows what you're doing. Having to drop your paint can and run from the cops, for example, seems kind of rookie. But then again you always have to be ready, you never know what's coming around the corner. Either way I appreciate the sentiment.

"Graffiti is beautiful; like the brick in the face of a cop." -Hunter S. Thompson

"Everyone has to scratch on walls somewhere or they go crazy." -Michael Ondaatje

No comments:

Post a Comment