Friday, August 24, 2012

Graffiti 71

I don't understand this. Are we saying shoot drugs as in take them or shoot them as in bang bang which the bulls eye kind of implies. I don't know. It strikes me as kind of juvenile and stupid if its advocating use. But maybe not, I'm intrigued. I feel like there's some message I'm not getting. Like keep your eye on them, shoot them down. I thought maybe it was a band name but google searching "Shoot Drugs" comes up with too much stuff to sift through. I just don't know. I'll take it as a warning and a message of hope.

"I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.” -Edgar Allen Poe

"Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction" -William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment